Thursday, February 28, 2013

And I and My Opinion are still Here

With a new iPad and Siri, you will be able to understand me so much better. But please never forget the condition I have and many more like me.......the remnants of a traumatic brain injury. For me, it was tumors from a cancer. For others, it could be many other things that take away their ability to write, spell, speak well, form words, stutter.....the list goes on. So I will continue to be the Anti-Spelling/Grammar Police! ;)

June 18 was my last post. Reading that post took me back to that planet I once lived on. Since then, I am attempting to recover from Guillian Barre Syndrome. I got it from a severe bronchitis infection that just wouldn't go away. In the middle of that infection though, my mother took me to see my son and his new family and I got to enter the Pacific ocean for the first time. Ocean water is where I meet my Creator the clearest. And as my son held me up (my left leg had already gone numb), I saw the angels playing on the waves again......playing and pulling on my dress.
It was glorious. I got to meet and bond with his family. There are only 15 years between him and me and at this age, it is good.

When I came home, it wasn't but a week before I was in the hospital with paralysis going up my body. The doctors I had were a joke too. After a high protein level in spinal fluid and other tests gave a dx of GB, AFTER, I was given a flu shot. Which has devastated my recovery. I did my best in an awesome intense therapy hospital but I am still paralyzed in my legs. I am so grateful my arms are better but still weak.

Just a week or so ago, I was dx'ed with another brain tumor. This one is growing into my pituitary gland, making sense of tons of symptoms that when I brought them up to my neurologists and other drs just sort of brushed them aside. I feel angry and betrayed.

If you want to walk with me on this journey, I appreciate you. and Please share my story. I want to help others be their own advocate. Strong and LOUD.

I will try to start another page for work and opinion pieces, as my strength allows.
as always........

HEERS TO HOPE!

4 comments:

  1. It's really unacceptable for the doctors to dismiss your symptoms as if they're not real. Had they have searched for the reason you were having the symptoms they would have known then, instead of making you feel crazy. Sara you are one of the strongest people I have ever met. I don't know how you do it but I'm glad you do. I love you and am always here for you.
    Rebecca Roller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awsome read warrior princess. I would love to walk with you on your journey. Thank you for the invite! I'm very blessed to know you. Can't wait for the next page!
      Sherry Surratt

      Delete
  2. My beautiful courageous friend....I'm honored to walk beside you on your journey! Love you so much! Hugs! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see this post. It's like rain to my soul after a long drought. Here walking with you always. .love you.

    ReplyDelete